不能!!蝴蝶蘭可用好多種植料,我就用蘭花石+蛇木碎 8:2(約)要先浸最少24小時才好用
回復

使用道具 舉報

phongchansenh 發表於 2010-4-16 19:00:23 |顯示全部樓層
不能,我用水苔+木炭,發展得很好
回復

使用道具 舉報

taxitang 發表於 2010-4-16 22:08:29 |顯示全部樓層
其實唔係一定唔得既,我就看見粉嶺花都商場內的辦事處(近恆生銀行隔離),百佳超市對面,有一盆用一般培養土來種蝴蝶蘭,我有印象之中,超過好幾年,而且年年開花,花梗有呎幾兩呎長,株植也很壯,我每日經過都有望下,不過今年不知何故,花梗尾燒了,係室內種植,應該溫差影響唔大,真奇怪。
我都有幾盆蝴蝶蘭,有的用全水苔、有的用芒骨加蘭石、有的上芒骨板。全都冇大問題,最主要唔好太多水,尤其是冬天,認真凍就唔好淋水。
回復

使用道具 舉報

timidb 發表於 2010-4-17 13:22:08 |顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 timidb 於 2010-4-17 13:58 編輯

If I use only 水苔 to grow the orchid, what should I pay attention to? What kinds of pot is suitable for a plant of orchid which has only two leaves now? How large a pot should I prepare? Please advise. Thanks a lot. I really want to grow my plant of orchid well in the first time and don't want to see it wither in my hand. I hope it will reward me by showing its beautiful flowers brilliantly later.
回復

使用道具 舉報

reellike 發表於 2010-4-17 14:47:11 |顯示全部樓層
水苔先乾水
包緊蘭花的根
淋水就等水苔開始乾,就輕輕淋水苔面和葉面(如果通風好)
乾先淋(輕輕淋)
回復

使用道具 舉報

timidb 發表於 2010-4-17 14:57:49 |顯示全部樓層
Should I pack the 水苔 tightly in a tiny pot to plant my orchid?
回復 6# reellike
回復

使用道具 舉報

orchidorchid 發表於 2010-4-20 00:42:58 |顯示全部樓層
This orchid is easily to grow in any mildly acidic good water draining composite. It can be orchid stone, tree bark, with some 水苔 on top ..in a clay pot
回復

使用道具 舉報

timidb 發表於 2010-4-20 09:19:35 |顯示全部樓層
回復 8# orchidorchid

Can I use a plastic pot? If I use only 水苔 to plant my butterfly orchid, is it okay? When and how frequent should I water the plant please? And when should I replace the old 水苔 with the new one?
回復

使用道具 舉報

Fleur 發表於 2010-4-20 10:27:54 |顯示全部樓層
Frankly, i would suggest you to buy a book regarding how to plant orchid first for the basic information.  I bought few good one in 商務.
回復

使用道具 舉報

timidb 發表於 2010-4-20 10:30:37 |顯示全部樓層
回復 10# Fleur

Ok. I will go to buy some books.
回復

使用道具 舉報

orchidorchid 發表於 2010-4-20 21:56:29 |顯示全部樓層
It is difficult to cultivate it in plastic pot, a clay pot is better and easier to grow it with minimal attention.
if you still want to try a plastic pot, use a small size one ( say 4 inches in diameter) and good water draining composite, put some new sphagnum moss on top and water it less frequent.  Be aware of mosaic virus. All stuff must be clean.
回復

使用道具 舉報

timidb 發表於 2010-4-21 09:13:43 |顯示全部樓層
Thanks so much for your advice, orchidorchild.
回復

使用道具 舉報

avery 發表於 2010-4-21 12:26:36 |顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 avery 於 2010-4-21 12:28 編輯

Single use of substrate is far better than using multiple combination of substrate as each has their own characteristics ~

If your growing condition can provide higher humidity, you can almost use all kind of substrates or even water less frequently but that is not the case for most of the people growing phalalenopsis indoors or in city area with low humidity ~

Never use fur bark with sphagnum moss on top ~

Roots tend to grow towards places with higher water  gradient. Eventually all roots will climb up to the top of the substrate as water content of moss is far higher than the less water absorbing bark ~ That isn't healthy for phalaenopsis ~

Plastic pots are perfectly OK if you learn how to squeeze sphagnum moss a bit firmly into the pot to gain better control of water inside pot. Clay pots aren't a must for orchids culture ~

ALL commercial phalaenopsis growers use plastic pots and sphagnum moss and with good control of water, this is the easiest way to grow good quality phal ~
回復

使用道具 舉報

timidb 發表於 2010-4-21 13:14:14 |顯示全部樓層
回復 14# avery

Must praise for your excellent explanation with fluent English. Yes I am going to use mosses to plant my Phal in a plastic pot. I know that Phal can't expose to direct sunlight and it likes to be put in a shadowy area. I do like to ask how frequent I should water my Phal in general? They say whenever you water any plants, water should fill thorougly into the plant till it drips from the bottom of the pot. If I use pure mosses (which absorb a lot of water clearly) as the only substrate for my Phal, should I water my Phal once every two weeks?
回復

使用道具 舉報

avery 發表於 2010-4-21 21:49:15 |顯示全部樓層
Water control is something very important for using moss as you said, moss is highly absorbing ~

Imagine you now have a ball of sphagnum moss of 50g and another ball of moss of 100g.

Then you wrap roots of 2 phalaenopsis of similar size with the 2 balls of moss and put the root mass with moss into 2 pots of the same size respectively.

Water these 2 pots thoroughly and let water drains for some time until there is no more water coming out ~

Now, which pot hold more water ??

Of course the answer is the pot with less sphagnum moss as air space inside the pot with more moss is less and it can hold less water ~

That is why I suggested you to "squeeze" moss a bit tighter in a pot so that the pot can hold less water to prevent root rot. Although how "tight" the moss should be is judged by experience, you can still do it properly following a simple rule of "not too loose and not too tight" ~

Everytime you water, it has to be thorough ~ Water only when moss turn a bit dry ~ You can tell by observing top of the substrate and the watering time comes when top moss turn white ~ never keep the moss wet all the time as it will retard root growth ~

There is no absolute time of watering but the right time varies from condition to condition. Dryer and sunny place will have a shorter duration between each watering and you can water less frequently in shaded growing area instead ~
回復

使用道具 舉報

orchidorchid 發表於 2010-4-21 23:06:22 |顯示全部樓層
I need to remind you that sphagnum moss get rotten  and lose its water holding property quickly. Be aware of making the pot too wet if you decide to use it alone. That will be fatal to your orchid and invite infection.
回復

使用道具 舉報

orchidorchid 發表於 2010-4-21 23:16:33 |顯示全部樓層
Combination of composite creates a longer lasting, multiple micro-nutrient and acidic composite. Tree bark and orchid stone can quarantee a good water draining composite. Sphagnum moss putting on top keeps the whole stuff moist. The lining of the moss should be thin, say 0.5 cm is enough. If it is too thick, the root will grow upward as it searching for mositure.
回復

使用道具 舉報

avery 發表於 2010-4-21 23:52:47 |顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 avery 於 2010-4-22 00:03 編輯

Hey guy ~ How many phalaenopsis did you ever grow ??!

Did you ever see phalaenopsis growers pot their plants up ?? All plants are potted with 100% sphagnum moss in plastic pots and there are millions of plants grown everyday. If you THINK using composit is the only right choice, why did those growers use much expensive sphagnum moss which requires much intensive labor to grow ??!

The orchids which I used sphagnum to grow last for 6 year without rot ~

If you found it difficult to keep a phalaenopsis healthy with moss and plastic pot, I am regret to REMIND you that you have inadequate knowledge of using moss and the moss you were using previously are real bad ~

Sorry ~ Try more and read more instead of telling others your ONLY proper way ~
回復

使用道具 舉報

orchidorchid 發表於 2010-4-22 00:16:04 |顯示全部樓層
There are many ways to successfully cultivate orchid. Different composte, different method in different enviornment can also bring satisfaction result. It depends on which method the grower finds (through experience) appropriate to him/her. I have cultivated phalaenopsis for more than 10 years. I seldom pay much attention to my phalaenopsis with my composte formula cultivation method. They flower every years.
Industrial production is different from amateur grower.
回復

使用道具 舉報

12下一頁
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

中級園丁

主題

帖子

粉絲

Ta的新帖

聯絡園藝館|手機版|HKplants