Crassula sp en situ in South Africa

關閉 [複製鏈接]
作者: Luar 发表于 2007-10-12 16:04:52
8244 4
The following photos of wild Crassula species were Crassula sp-2.JPG taken during my recent botanical tour to South Africa.  Unlike most other Crassulas, the taxon shown here is a monocarpic species with a unique feature that plants die back after production of seed.

Crassula sp

Crassula sp
siuyin 發表於 2007-10-12 21:08:29 |顯示全部樓層
好过引,末见过
Hadassah 發表於 2007-10-16 01:06:21 |顯示全部樓層
Looks really unique. Do you know which species is this ?
Luar 發表於 2007-10-16 12:13:41 |顯示全部樓層
"好过引,末见过"

Yes, it is a funny-looking thing.  Plants look like soft balls from a distance.  However, I have serious doubt if this species would survive this humid climate considering that the area where plants were found growing is deep in the Greater Karoo characterized for prolonged drought, scorching summer heat and bitterly cold winters.

Unfortunately, I do not have a clue of its identity save for the fact that it is a member of genus Crassula.  However, the unique feature of being a monocarpic species may lead you to the finding of its identity.  In any case, the species appears to be rather rare as there were only a few plants flowering during my visit to the area.
eky 發表於 2007-10-16 20:38:12 |顯示全部樓層
it may be the features it has, so that can survive in this extreme climate. But the plant is really rare, except in the desert area
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

一級花友

主題

貼文

FANS

聯絡園藝館|手機版|HKplants